What Compensation Can I Get After a Car Accident in West Virginia?

What kind of compensation can I qualify for after a car accident?

Millions of car accidents occur each year, injuring people and damaging property. Where a matter is very minor, many people file reports with the police, tell their insurance company, and pay the losses out of their own pocket. But all too often the matter is not minor, and can cost you significant amounts of money, time, inconvenience, and pain.

If you’re injured, you’ll likely require medical attention and may need rehabilitation, both of which can be expensive. A car accident may cause you to lose income or have to use sick leave because of injury, treatment, and recovery. You might have damage to your car. While your car is being repaired, you may have to rent another car. You may lose the ability to perform various activities of normal daily living, for a while or long term. You may endure pain and suffering.

You may seek recovery after an accident to “make you whole again.” You should be compensated in a manner that, as best as the law can arrange, places you back in the same position as you were before the accident.

In addition to normal compensatory damages, in extreme cases punitive damages may be available, if the injury was the result of the other driver’s reckless or irresponsible behavior, or if the accident or the injury was caused by something about the car that is dangerous — a defect—- that the manufacturer should have corrected.

– John H. Bryan, West Virginia Car Accident Attorney.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s